Looking for Alaska - John Green Rating: 4My opinion: When I sit down to write a review for this book, I don't what to talk about. I guess this book just was, and it being what both the reason why I liked it and I why didn't. To get it out, yes, there was something about this book that while reading it bothered me, and that was the pacing. Good concepts or not, I like action. I like action in movies, I like action in books, I like action in real life, and I look for action in the first two when I cannot find it in the last one. Looking for Alaska is character driven, and therefore things just happen, and therefore the book just is. There's a before, and there's an after. The before tries to answer whether the characters, or anyone, have to get out of the labyrinth of life or death. The after decides that there's no life or death, just suffering. And the question becomes, how will we ever get out of this labyrinth of suffering? And the whole time I was simply trying to figure it out, how the freaking hell do you get out of the damned thing? I wasn't just thinking about the characters, or me. John Green asks the question to everyone, everything. How will Pudge get out of the labyrinth of suffering? How will I get out of the labyrinth of suffering? How will the world get out of the labyrinth of suffering? The fact is, you sneaky author, there's no definite answer. Pudge, the Colonel and Alaska each offer their point of view, their answer. And all of them are right, which means they're all somehow wrong. So, how the freaking hell do you get out of the damned thing? I can't give this book five stars because I like action and I like facts, and John Green provides none. Yet I can't give it less than four stars because I like action and I like facts, and John Green provides none.“If people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.”- Alive or Undead ~ 2013 -