Dark Lover - J.R. Ward Rating: 4My opinion: After having just finished the first third of Dark Lover, I wrote one big paragraph on how the Black Dagger Brotherhood wasn't that hot, and how incredibly generic this book was. And you know what? It was. It was full of stereotypes at their best. Big, powerful, careless, arrogant man meets hot, innocent girl with an uneventful life, they have sex and fall in love. At some point he struggles with becoming weak and changing because of a *gasp* woman, she gets captured/goes through some kind of torture and when he saves her he just knows he can't live without her. Him being a vampire and her a half-human aka weak was just the cherry on top. The fact that they literally fucked the first moment they saw each other doesn't really help the case. In spite of all this, it was enjoyable. At a certain point, I fell in love with each member of Brotherhood, got to like Beth, and rooted for Wrath. I don't know exactly how or when it happened, but it did. Suddenly, I got used to all those stereotypes and just appreciated all the good things they had to offer. I'm not sure why I'm so surprised, to be honest. After all, there's a reason why cliches became such, right? All those things aside, LET'S TALK ABOUT THE CHARACTER WHY THIS WHOLE BOOK IS WORTH READING. The brothers? The cops? The chicks? The bad guy? Not really. Those are okay, BUT YOU KNOW WHO IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME? Fritz, the butler. I mean, I couldn't stop grinning every single time he opened his mouth. Usually, overnice people make me want to punch babies to restore the balance of the universe. But this old man. Dude, THIS OLD MAN. I have no words to describe my love for him. I tend to be a sucker for valets and butlers for some reason, but this one takes the bigger prize. He was cutest than a kitty! So, now I get why all the fuss, whether it's my thing or not. I really hope to learn more about the Brotherhood and maybe tune down the Mr. X's parts because they slowed down the book. I'm also waiting for Butch and V's love story. *whispers* Can we get Fritz's point of view?“Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex.”- Alive or Undead ~ 2013 -