Deity - Jennifer L. Armentrout Originally posted on Alive or Undead.Rating: 4.5My opinion: Sometimes I just have a lot of feelings about a book. This is one of those moments. When I read Half-Blood, I was certain of my opinion. I really liked it, but I needed just a bit more of something. Pure gave me that and a lot more. That was an easy five, one full of enjoyment and everything I needed. With Deity it's all more complicated. I hated people I used to loved, I pitied people I used to despise, I fell for some I didn't think I could adore more. There were 180° twists and, at the same time, it was all the same. I don't think I'm ever not going to love Alex. I guess she did grow up a bit, but she's still the same old reckless, brave Alex we love and admire. Poor thing, though. There's such a thing as trusting too much, hoping too much. And I absolutely don't blame her for any of the things that happened in this book, but they did. A part of me wishes she could just learn, and the other doesn't want her to change because she is the way she is and I like her that way. The same way Alex was Alex, Aiden was Aiden (I know, I'm getting philosophic). Smart, sweet, loving, heroic, badass, hot. I refuse to believe someone doesn't love Aiden. He's just so pure of... goodness, without turning idiotic. The way he believes in Alex and Deacon, it undoes me. And, by the way, what's this thing about sexy St. Delphis and equally sexy half-bloods? It runs in the family, that's all I'm going to say. And Seth. Oh, dear, I loved you so. I swear I did. This isn't even about a love triangle. You have this side of you that's really funny and blunt, and I love it. And you've always been a little creepy, but here you went insane. I understand you have daddy issues, simply never been loved issues, and I feel incredibly sorry for you. However, that doesn't give you the right to just go out there and kill everybody because you please, or even worse, because other people will be pleased by it. I have no words. This is not going to sound good, but a part of me hopes for you to die. No, not really. A part of me hopes for that fairly nice side of you to come back, and since I know it's most likely not going to, I want to kill this irrational and lost you. I wasgrateful by some of the character developments. But, if we're being honest, I was impressed by the discovery of some character traits. And identities. I mean, Leon, SERIOUSLY? Never stop being your clockblocker self. The beginning of this book had a good pace, which at some point turned into a supermegahigh pace. A lot of things happened to the point where I had to stop one time just to jump because I couldn't contain all the feelings I was experiencing. I said this was a more complicated book than the previous ones, and it was. I just loved it all the same. And damn you, Jennifer freaking Armentrout, for that cliffhanger.“Sometimes you have to know when to let hope go.”