I might be falling in love with a new author.

Secrets of a Summer Night  - Lisa Kleypas

My thoughts in a nutshell: I absolutely loved everything about this. But if I had to highlight something, it'd be Simon—my new book boyfriend. And if the rest of the books are as good as Secrets of a Summer Night, then this might become a new favorite series.

Note: You don't have to read Again the Magic before this, but I'd recommend it to understand the Marsden family better.

Favorite quote:

“We’ll supplement each other’s weaknesses and give advice and assistance when needed.” Lillian glanced up with a cheerful grin. “We’ll be like a Rounders team.”
Annabelle regarded her skeptically. “You’re referring to the game in which gentlemen take turns whacking a leather ball with a flat-sided bat?”
“Not only gentlemen,” Lillian replied. “In New York, ladies may play also, as long as they don’t forget themselves in the excitement.”
Daisy smiled slyly. “Such as the time Lillian became so incensed by a bad call that she pulled a sanctuary post out of the ground.”
“It was already loose,” Lillian protested. “A loose post could have presented a danger to one of the runners.”
“Particularly while you were hurling it at them,” Daisy said, meeting her older sister’s frown with a sweet smirk.